The ‘C/sells’ showcase spans the southern German states of Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria and Hesse. The focus is on solar energy and a regional optimization of energy production and consumption in largely autonomous cells.These cells can represent entire distribution grids, but also individual sites such as airports. For the success of this project a functioning communication between all components of a cell and between the cells is necessary. Here PPC’s experience in communication technology is of benefit. Creating a cellular energy system shall demonstrate how safe, environmentally friendly, cost-effective and robust energy infrastructure can be installed.
Main tasks of PPC in the C/sells project
- Development of an infrastructure information system as a central communication and data platform (among others, flexibility catalogs)
- Development of an IPv6 infrastructure
- Integration of new services into IIS
- Conception and implementation of security architectures for a critical infrastructure
- Establishment of a CLS management system
On 3 February 2017 the C/sells kick-off took place in the facilities of PPC: